Friday, September 10, 2010

Overdoing until undone. . .

So I'm in pain. Yes. Lot's of pain. I think I must be masochistic or a hypochondriac because it seems as if there is ALWAYS something wrong with me. When I'm feeling good I completely forget about the times I am not good. And when I am in pain I sit and think as I wince, "Why didn't I appreciate the way I felt before?"

Last Friday, I was cleaning up the spare bedroom. It needed it. I kind of simply shoved whatever I didn't want to have in the rest of the apartment in there. The room had literally become the 'spare room' a room to house every spare thing I owned.

I'm certain I would have left it like that until I was snowed in and couldn't leave for a week and even with all that extra time, I'm not sure I would have tackled the massive cleaning effort it would take to make it a contributing part of the household, instead of the black hole it had become.

Unfortunately for me, fortunately for the spare room, my former roommate decided to visit her friends here in the FM area for the Labor Day weekend. Of course, I couldn't ask her to sleep on the couch of migrating cushions, could I? Nope. I had to clean the spare room. Of course I put it off until I could wait no longer. I scurried about and within 7 hours or so, it was beginning to look like a viable place to house a guest. 

I did a lot of furniture moving and bending down to pick up stuff. By the end of the night there was an undeniable pain in my lower back. By the next morning, I couldn't move. Thank God for amazing co-workers who did all the heavy lifting at work!

Two trips to the chiropractor and nights of heating pads and meds and I was feeling slightly better today. So what do I do? I lift, wrestle, jump, run and romp with kids tonight. Did I overdo it? Um, yeah. Was it worth it? Yes. I wanted to make sure everyone had a great night and I hope they did! I sure did!

Wow do I hurt now. The pain meds make me giggly so even though I'm in severe pain, at least I seem happy about it! I cannot wait until I get my spirit body. THEN I'm going to run, jump, romp and wrestle for all eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment